Today is indescribable. I will do my very best to put it into words. Some of you will get it and some of you won't and thats okay.
Today, was by far the most difficult hike. We climbed Qumram! Then from our teaching there. G-d brought only a few of us to the very top. But my climb wasn't for me...it was to feel, experience and know where Michelle was on each of her climbs. I kept singing this Jeremy Camp Song as we walked through the dessert a day before this hike and not knowing why, until today. Holy Fire, burn away, my desire for anything that is not of You and is of me, I want more of you and less of me. Holy Fire, burn away, my desire for any thing that is not of you and is of me, I want more of you and less of me. Empty me. Empty me. And Fill, won't you fill me, with You. Empty me.
But had I not did that impossible climb, when Scott said, if any want's to run to the top real quick? Which we didn't do very quick at all. I wouldn't have been filled with Him and had a compassionate heart toward my sweet sister, Michelle. It doesn't start there. When I got approx 200 ft away, I felt defeated. Like I couldn't push on, and just earlier, Ben had mention that last time her was here, that he didn't make the climb and regretted. I get to a place where Michelle most likely felt often, and that I was...in her shoes. I looked at Ben and said, "I can't go on...leave me her". Ben looks at me and says "I'm not leaving you. I'm staying right here with you. Give me your pack." I flooded with tears, just as my eyes do now, sharing this moment with you. He also said that community! Which only melted me more.
Thank you so much for your prayers for each of us on this amazing journey.
At this very moment, I"m feeling, dizzy, lightheaded and Not good! I cannot eat at this moment. Please pray for God to fill me up with His strength and well being.
Shalom,
Vicki
4 comments:
Vicki-
Nice to "meet" you-I'm on staff at AHUMC and have done a few RVL trips.
You can do it!
God will give you His Strength, when you are weak.
I too have "done" Arbel, Qmran, etc...
the rewards are eternal!!
I will be praying for you!
Shema!
Debbi Chesney
Hey Dollface! We are all praying for you. Praying that G-d give you His strength...thank you for sharing todays journey.
Thank you G-d for the community that is surrounding my beautiful bride as well as the others on this amazing journey!
Sweet dreams...I love you,
Phil...XOXO
You're doing great Vicki. I am so proud of you. The desert is certainly no easy place! It certainly helps us have an appreciation of our Israelite brothers and sisters. Hang in there my friend. We love you.
Vicki
Just remember - God brought you to Israel - not Scott, not El Al, not your own desires. God wants you there so that you can come back to the ends of the earth to proclaim His glory. You will do it! Be strong and very courageous! Chazaq!
Karl Rivas
Post a Comment