Family Picture 2012

Family Picture 2012

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sad Week

This week has been an extremely difficult week.  We received notice that Emily's sweet friend, Molly lost her fight with a brain tumor on Thursday, May 10, 2012.  Emily and I took this news very hard.  I'm still having good moments with sad moments.
Molly's service was Saturday in Waco.  The service honored her so beautifully.  Both of Molly's parents got up and shared about their daughter.  You can read Molly's dad, Dan's story about Molly and her mom, Jen's letter that she had written just a few days before Molly passed.  What they had shared is on Caring Bridge under "teammolly"  They both showed such amazing strength that can only come from G-d.  In lieu of flowers and gifts, they asked that memorials be made to the Ronald McDonald House in Fort Worth, 1004 7th Avenue, Ft. Worth, TX 76104.
Emily and Caleb's school did a Walk-A-Thon in Molly's honor.  I'm not sure the amount raised, but hopefully will find out this week.  Those check are made payable to:  Molly Martinsen Foundation
Molly is loved by all who had the privilege of knowing her.

Today, Sunday, May 13th 2012
I woke this morning with Molly's mom, Jen on my heart.  As I sat down to celebrate Mother's Day with my children and husband, my mind was on Jen.  All day, my mind was on her.  I'm so thankful that the Lord didn't allow her to be lifted from my heart, as I was able to walk through my day lifting her up to our heavenly Father in constant prayer.  Please keep the Martinsen family in your prayers.
As for my Mother's Day, it was sweet.  Emily made me some potpourri pouches and Caleb had created a small booklet in computer class, just for me.  We had a delicious lunch at the River Crossing Club House.  After lunch, we came home and played several rounds of "Mario Cart."  Emily and Caleb beat us every time!  At the end of the day, Phil fixed a yummy dinner.  I'm so grateful and couldn't be a more blessed Mama.


No comments: