Family Picture 2012

Family Picture 2012

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Community

Some of you already know that we have suffered some loss over the past few weeks.  Emily's hedgehog passed away.  He developed an infection that he just couldn't overcome.  Thank you to all who lifted a prayer for Emily.  She took the the loss really hard, but is adjusting back to life without her hedgehog, Orie.  Our community also suffered a loss on March 23rd.  A young man that attended our church and was involved with our kids in vacation bible school, was shot and killed.  To my understanding, Randall was attempting to be the peace maker in a heated situation.  He is survived by his parents and a younger brother in 9th grade.  We will miss Randall deeply.  He had a smile that was contagious and a laugh I will never forget.  Please keep his family and his friends lifted in prayer.
On a happier note, we did have some out of town guest come in for the weekend.  Robby and Rock Vaughn.  It was great to see them both.  The kids had a great time playing and keeping Rock entertained. We haven't seen them since Rock was a baby.  He's now 3 and a busy boy.  Caleb kept up with him well.

I discovered a talent that I've always wanted.  ART!  That's right, art.  Who knew that I could carry on my grandmothers gift of art.  My grandmother was an extraordinary artist.  I can still remember some of her paintings that hung in our home when I was a little girl.  Emily also has this gift, but she paints and draws effortless.  Hers is a natural gift.
My friend Jennifer and I went to a coffee, corks & canvas party that a friend put on.  My friend is doing this on a regular basis, and Emily and I will be attending a Mom and Daughter canvas party at the end of the month.  We are both looking forward to it.

Emily has started to play volleyball with the Mays YMCA with some friends from school.  She is doing really well.  She is also going to a sports camp this summer and has selected volleyball again this year as her sport.  She is also eligible to play in Spike Feast this summer that is put on by her school for 6th grade and older.  Yes, 6th grade.  Hard to believe that Emily will be starting Jr. High School this coming fall.  This also means that she will be able to play volleyball for her school.  I see a lot of practices and games in our season to come.  We are so very proud of her.  As for school, Emily continues to make high honor roll.  She has overcome her math obstacle and is bringing home 100 on most all of her math pages.  This is huge.  So, praise be to G-d for showing her that she is good in this subject.


As for Caleb, he still has a strong passion for all sports.  He is gifted at everything he attempts to play.  However, he is still not interested in playing on an organized team.  He is happy playing with his friends or his daddy in the back yard.  I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever seen someone throw their own pass and run and catch the football, until Caleb.  He loves the game...any game.
He is just now beginning to say that he will participate in upwards basketball for next season.  We will see.  We are so proud of him.  As for Caleb and his schooling.  He to continues to make honor roll.  We couldn't be prouder of both him and Emily.


We hope that you all are doing well.  We were really concerned for you all with the weather being so bad yesterday with all of the tornados.  We are so grateful that everyone is okay.  Thank you for keeping us informed.

Thank you for taking a moment for our family update.  Until next time.

Shalom,
Vicki


No comments: