Family Picture 2012

Family Picture 2012

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mostly Pictures

It has been a while since I last took some time to blog.  Wow! Our summer isn't going to slow down at all.  I think I mentioned in the last blog about things settling down.  Not happening!
We finished our June off with a fun Father's Day.  In 1st grade Mrs. Scott has parents bring a white shirt for the students to make their dad a shirt.  We learned from when Emily was in 1st to invest in a nicer white shirt than just an undershirt.

Emily's shirt she made in 1st grade and Caleb's that he made in 1st grade
Phil wore his shirt made by Caleb to church and was honored to wear it!  That afternoon we went to a new place called "Main Event", it has glow in the dark bowling alleys, laser tag, video games and a ropes course from the ceiling.  Lots of fun playing and celebrating Phil.

VACATION!
The moment we all had been waiting on was our vacation to Destin, Florida!  We left the morning of Friday, June 22nd and couldn't wait to get to New Orleans, where we stayed the night.
Before making our destination for the evening we made some fun stops along the way!

Worlds largest Gummy Bear!  $150.00


Emily being serious with the serious looking Indian

Treats from the Candyland Cottage and Ice Cream Shoppe


We were so excited to make it into Louisiana.  After getting settled into our hotel, we made our way to have dinner at a unique restaurant, where an elderly lady was jammin' on the wash board and an elderly man was pulling the girls on the dance floor for a lesson in Cajun Dancing.  I'm happy to say that I am now a certified Cajun Dancer!  






We had a great time!  The following morning we woke and ventured off to check out the "French Quarters" and checked out some of the sights.  We then loaded up and were beach bound!  We could all hardly wait to get to the beach!

We found this NASA location on one of our many detours.




It was fun passing through all of the different States!




USS Alabama
Woo-hoo!  We made it!  We were all excited to be in Florida!




Emily and Caleb playing thumb war
We arrived Saturday evening and got settled into our condo to start watching to see where Tropical Storm Debby was going to hit!  We watched as meteorologist were covering the designated location for it to hit, Destin and Pensacola!  What?!  We were disappointed to think that we had driven all this way to watch it rain.  We prayed as a family, and asked Emily and Caleb to pray.  We clung to the scripture found in Matthew 8:27 "The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds 
and the waves obey him!"

This little chair was in Caleb's room and he ran to get Phil and I to come see brown bear.  He said "look!  Brown bear is already having fun!"  
We woke on Sunday to a rainy day.  We were discouraged as expected, and  even asked ourselves what in the world are we going to do for a whole week?  We were a little flustered, and I told Phil, we must know that this is His plan and we are good with it.  Phil came to the same agreement and that late afternoon the rain had stopped and we were able to go down to the beach for a short time.  We continued to pray for G-d to dissolve the storm or move it so that it doesn't effect our time on the beach.  We know that G-d can do what He wants to do when He wants to do it.  We were ready and okay with either direction.  However, our heart was for Him to clear the skies so we could enjoy the beach.

We continued to pray and stand on the verse Matthew 8:27.
The following day we woke to a partly cloudy day!  We rushed to the beach to enjoy what we could for however long we had.
The beach was closed, but Phil and the kids ventured in a little ways to play in the waves.  The sheriff would come by and request everyone out of the water!  Everyone would get out and soon after would re-enter.  We decided to play in the sand and not spend so much time in the water.  The under tow was powerful as well as the waved.  



Each day the clouds rolled away and the sun came out for us to play!  The ocean soon became safer for us to play in, but the waves and under tow were still strong and hard to stand your ground.  That evening after our first day on the beach we saw this and knew it was our promise from Him!  I tell ya, I felt like His favorite child! (I know that I'm not His favorite, we all are favorites to Him!  He cares for all of us equally)

The next day we woke to clearer skies!  We were so excited to have another day of sun shine!

Phil and Caleb played catch in the waves!
Caleb and Emily jumping the waves!





Boogie Boarding with Emily

Phil and Caleb playing catch and Emily and I boogie boarding!
That's Phil through that wave

Phil and Emily standing their ground through a wave!


Emily and I bravin' the wave!
We were so excited to see clear skies for our vacation!



Beautiful!

What a blessing!






Our visit to the Gulfarium in Fort Walton Beach. 


Sea Lion

Shark!

Cute little Otter

Are they to big to pose in the sea shell...I think NOT!

They have Alligators 

Rescued Sea Turtles

The Gulfarium is a fun rescue center.  They do have dolphin shows and Sea Lion shows and they educate you on sea life.  Always a fun place to visit!

Back at the Beach!

Ready to catch some waves


Boogie Board Queens!


Caleb liked to jump the waves backwards

Beach Babe

That wave I think took me out!

Waiting to catch the football

Playing catch

A little time in the sand

Another Beach Babe

Emily kept digging these little guys up.  We decided after some research that it's a horseshoe crab.

Caleb and Phil were able to start a few mornings off with some hoops!  Yes, Caleb made the shot!  He is very good and puts in lots of practice...someday he may just play on a team!


The water is beginning to clear up and look like the Destin we remember way back in 2002!

Two thumbs up from Caleb

Emily attempting to catch some small fish.  She actually did catch some.


Two cuties!  Beautiful beach!










The kids buried Phil in the sand!  

Emily described the sand to feel like flour!  It's so soft and not gritty.  I think I could live here!








 Emily's turn!













We ate at Fudpucker!  Emily held a live Alligator!  This girl loves wild life. 







Playing catch!


Hangin' out and getting some girl time on the boogie boards.  We still talk about that moment.  Lots of laughs.






Caleb body surfing


 Boogie Boarding!
Last picture taken on the beach :-(  We were so sad to be leaving the next day.

We visited "The Track"  So much fun! 



Caleb is on the other side of Phil.

Our last night in Destin!

We drove straight home!  Not as bad as it sounds.

Our scenery on the way home.

We had a wonderful time at the beach and just as fun with the drive.  I'm thinking it should be an annual trip once more.
I'll write about our July soon!  I'm sorry for being so behind!  It's been a whirl wind of a summer.  We're still goin'.

We hope that you all are doing well.

Shalom,
Vicki






No comments: