20 years ago yesterday, Phil and I were married. It's hard to believe that it's been 20 years. We have seen our share of heart ache and rejoiced in good times. All of that to say that G-d can and will restore our lives. It all begins with a conversation with Him. Phil and I are living proof!
Our celebration began with Phil sending me beautiful roses.
He left work early to come by and pick me up for our date. Our sweet Liz came early to care for the kids so that I could get myself together before my handsome date arrived. As I'm putting on the final touch with my make up, Emily comes running in to tell me that my date, Daddy, is pulling in the front drive! She was so cute and so excited. She did a count down until the door bell rang. Then she asked if I should get the door or if she should answer it. I asked if she would, since I wasn't ready yet. So she ran to answer the door. Phil didn't come back to our room where I was still finishing up on getting myself together for our big night. I thought it was a little strange, since that wasn't the norm. When I completed my look, I walked into the family room where Phil was sitting, waiting patiently for me to make my entrance. There he was with a single long stem rose, as if it were our first date. How sweet and romantic.
We went outside where the kids were playing basketball with Liz to kiss them good-bye. We made our way back to the front drive where Phil escorting me to his car. He kept our destination a surprise. It's kind of fun not knowing where you are headed. We ended up at Bohanan's, a very nice restaurant. Texas Monthly listed this restaurant as The Best Steak House in Texas. Along with many other awards. Very fancy place. The bathroom had rose petals in the sink. Yes, that's right...rose petals in the sink.
Such a unique way to make us girls feel special!
After a nice romantic dinner for two, we walked right across the street to the Majestic Theatre where we were entertained by The Blue Man Group. If you have never seen them perform, it's worth looking into. They were funny and put on a very unique and good show. We sat in the Starlight Suite, which allows you access to a private parlor/lounge. So nice! It's great for the bathroom breaks for us girls, that means NO long lines! The whole evening made me feel so special. Not because of all the places we were able to go, but because Phil put so much thought in preparing such a memorable time for us. Phil is gifted with making me feel like a princess. I think most of the time I forget whose I am. I'm a child of the Most High King! Phil does an amazing job of reminding me of that. I have been told that you can see the love the Phil and I share for one another. To me that is the biggest compliment we could ever imagine. What a blessing.
I wish I could have taken some pictures of the Blue Man Group, but the Majestic does not allow photographs to be taken. Such an extraordinary and memorable 20 year celebration.
Until next time!
Shalom,
Vicki




No comments:
Post a Comment