Wednesday, Sept. 21 - We spent the day in the desert walking through Egyptian copper mines in a place called Timnah. As we walked, the shards of rock sounded like broken pottery under our feet. Lots of time for reflection. Took a walk through the Tabernacle...awesome site to see! Thursday, Sept. 22 - in the West Bank to climb Qumran. I am excited about this day as this was one of Vicki's most favorite days last year. It proved to be an excellent day. The climb was tough, the teaching was extraordinary, and all the site/sounds/smells will be with me forever. We also explored En Gedi, a fabulous place full of life and spring water here in the middle of the desert. Again, an awe inspiring site and teaching for the day! The scripture will not be the same for me as I will be able to read it and visualize it a great detail. The same sites, sounds, and smells have begun to jump off the pages even as I read them now.
G-d bless and good night,
Phil
P.S. The pictures may not be in the correct order...enjoy.












No comments:
Post a Comment