Family Picture 2012

Family Picture 2012

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Home from Israel!



Hello sweet family and friends!
Thank you all so much for your prayers for me and the other Israel travelers. They prayers were felt and very much needed. In our journey we were pushed physically beyond what we thought we could ever do. We climbed more rocks to find at the top that aircrafts were in flight below where we were standing....that's just nuts! I can't wait to share with you in person my God moments. We wondered the desert just as the Israelites, but praise the Lord it wasn't for 40 years. It's hot and lots and lots of rocks. Needless to say uneven ground. My favorite and worst moment was Qumran. Qumran is one of my most memorable places. We climbed rock beyond what anyone could imagine, to our teaching location. Beautiful views from there and then Rabbi, Scott says for those that would like to climb to the top "follow me". So, off I went! Sharon and I began to not feel well. Her husband, Glenn encouraged and helped her along with others around them. My knight in shining armor was Ben Blevins....that's right folks...Ben along with Tim. I could see the top and see my fellow brothers and sisters at the top, approx. 200 ft away, but knew I couldn't make it. I asked Ben to just leave me there. His words to me were "no, we stay together...you stay...I stay. It's called community. Give me your pack." I just burst into tears. Sweet Ben, took my pack (which probably weights 10 + pounds) plush his own backpack. I had heard Ben early on that he didn't make this climb last time he was here and has regretted it ever since. My heart was overwhelmed. We made it to the top, but not without completely depending on God to give me His amazing strength to do it. It is only because of Him that I could do any of the things that I was able to do. God immediately opened my eyes to view Michelle (another Israel traveler with us) to see what He sees. Amazing! Michelle struggled every time we made a hike. She always made it, but not with out feeling sick and sometime vomiting along the ancient path. I immediately had a new understanding of her and what she must be feeling. It's hot and the path is difficult most of the time, but Michelle pushed on. She was an amazing pillar of strength of God. My heart became compassionate for her. Our next hike was in the Wadi of En Gedi. I made my back from the middle of the line to the end to check on my new sweet friend Michelle, to find her struggling with the hike. We encouraged her and yelled out scripture over her. She stopped several time before she made her finally stop and couldn't go on. Ryan, our tail man along with my sweet, Ben and I stayed with her. We could hear water running, but couldn't see it. Ryan and Ben decide to go down from the rocks from which we were sitting on to see if they could wet our "frog toggs", and hats. I hear them burst out in relief. I hike down to see them standing in a nice size pool of water. I immediately join them. I tell them we have to get Michelle down here. Ben went up to help her down and we swim in this beautiful pool of living water, with our own water fall. It's called living water because it is feed from a live spring, not a cistern (which is just standing water) The rest of the group got the same water experience, but in a much bigger way. We were just thankful to God for our moment in the water. God always amazes me!
You can check out some of these place that I have mentioned on www.bibleplaces.com or just google them.
That was my most memorable day along with the day in Jerusalem when we walked out the crucification of Jesus. That one was a tough day emotionally. I will have to share it another time.
After arriving home last week, my sweet husband and kids were so gracious to me and allowed me to rest. My brain has been on overload and it has been hard to get back into a routine. Last week is very much a big blur. This week has been much better, but I've missed Emily and Caleb. They have been off to camp this week. Emily did the overnight camp and Caleb has done the day camp, but we arranged with our sweet friends for the day campers to spend the night
a night each week with friends. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was our day and I was able to see Caleb for a short time. He was busy playing with the other 4 boys here. Friday will be Caleb's closing ceremony's and Saturday will be Emily's. I've received 2 letters from Emily. She is having a really fun time and has made several new friends. We can't wait to hear about it.

Thank you all again for your prayers. I'm so sorry that I haven't posted anything sooner.
In His love and mine,
Vicki

No comments: